Today's was probably the hardest session I have done. The wind and rain here is terrible so I had to do the whole session on the turbo, all 3 hours of it. I had planned a hard session prior to my recovery/adaptation week, the plan was as follows and I completed it:
- 30 minute warmup.
- 4 miles at 25 mile TT pace, HR approximately 165.
- 10 minute recovery.
- 3 miles at 25 mile TT pace, HR approximately 165.
- 7 minute recovery.
- 2 miles at 25 mile TT pace, HR approximately 165.
- 5 minute recovery.
- 1 mile at 25 mile TT pace, HR approximately 165.
- 30 minute recovery.
- Repeat the above.
- Complete 3 hour ride in Z2.
|14.01.2007||Run 1||Run 1||Run 1||Run 2||Run 2||Run 2|
I was pleased to manage to do slightly better on the 2nd run but I'm ready for my "rest" week now. This was a really difficult session which I hope will give me something to draw on when the going gets tough later in the year.