Tuesday 15 July 2008

Tuesday Training

Hi

Computrainer
Threshold (L4) efforts tonight, still keeping the 2 efforts down to 15 minutes, probably until next week, but did do both efforts tonight @ 285W which I was happy with at this stage. Breathing and HR comfortable but legs feeling the strain a bit and I'm pretty sure this was because of too low a CHO intake which is easily remedied.

Thought it would be a good idea each week where possible to do a HRV reading before the commencement of the main training period of the week and see how my recovery is going over the Monday-Tuesday period after the Thursday to Sunday training block. Did the readings tonight and was very happy with the results, my standing HR was only about 6-8BPM above my recumbent HR. As you can see from the scattergram/Poincare Plot below I currently have a well recovered picture, hopefully this indicates that the current level of my training is about right. My aim is to ensure that I recover fully from each week's training before slightly increasing things the following week. That's the plan!

Oh yes, almost forgot, this is my last entry as a rider in his 40s. Tomorrow is my 50th birthday so that puts me into the Masters 50+ category, not quite sure how I feel about that but there's not much I can do about it!
[Uploaded 15/07/2008 23:05:32]

No comments:

Post a Comment