Tuesday 5 August 2008

Tuesday Training

Hi

Computrainer
So, build week one again and some higher intensity stuff begins, I had been dreading this L5 session rather. In the end I followed the plan I developed last week (based on the wisdom of RapDaddyO) and having in readiness established my maximum 5 minute power I planned to ride my L5 efforts at the same power (340W) but for a minute less, 4 minutes. My plan was to initially try to ride 4x4 minutes @ 340W (4 minute recoveries) and see if I could get to the end.

I went for broke and set up a .erg file so that the CompuTrainer did all the thinking and timing and I was either going to get to the end and make it or just grind to a halt, once one of these files it's started you either make it or you don't, no half measures.

I MADE IT!

I'm confident that the load and timings were just right, this was extremely challenging and just manageable, something to build on but I was pleased, especially after all the walking I've been doing, I walked over 6 miles this morning. I could tell I was working at VO2 max level because I was getting generally hypoxic, I know the feeling from my running days when the system is generally starved of oxygen and I get a characteristic aching in my arms as available oxygen is consumed by my working leg muscles and unavailable for other muscles, hence the aching.

So, more of these sessions to follow, I think the trick is as soon as the session is over to try to forget it as quickly as possible, I think if you think about it too much there would be a considerable temptation not to do it again! ;-)

If you would like to see the details of this extravaganza click here.
[Uploaded 05/08/2008 18:32:05]

No comments:

Post a Comment