Tuesday 12 August 2008

Tuesday Training

Hi

Computrainer
Tonight's test didn't go well and it was obvious after the first 5 minutes of the 20 minute TT that my legs were tired and I wasn't going to be able to get my HR up enough to give me a realistic current FTP figure. I know from recent L5 training that I can hold 340W for 4-5 minute repeats and yet I was finding it hard to maintain 320+W during the first 5 minutes so I opted just to make this a L4-L5 training session.

Nothing lost, used the "proper" test protocol and averaged 362W for the 5 minute section early in the test so that was Ok. I seem to have got back pretty much to where I was before my problems earlier this year which is good.

I'm going to cut back on the walking a bit and reschedule the FTP test when I'm reasonably well rested and see how I go then. I guess a 7 mile walk this morning wasn't ideal preparation for the test after all!

Onwards and upwards!

Hmm.. just checked, did my last FTP test after a full rest day the day before, not only did I do a 7 mile walk this morning, I'd also done almost a 10 mile walk yesterday, guess that might just be a factor ;-)

[Uploaded 12/08/2008 19:17:59]

No comments:

Post a Comment