Monday 18 January 2010

Monday (not) Training

Hi

Rest day today :-) I think I've said before that the good thing about having a plan is that when you have a scheduled rest day you actually take it. I've found in the past that when I was just doing what I fancied each day I felt almost guilty if I took days off and this was not a good way to go about things.

The other very different thing I'm doing this winter is observing my CTL graph out of interest rather than striving to keep it at a certain level which I though it "should" be at. I know now that when it is required I can build my CTL to the level I need it to be at and I have a mental picture of how I will be doing this. This will become my Spring training plan which will run from the end of February up until the departure to France, that plan will therefore run for about 18 weeks, hence the lack of any rush to build my CTL.

I'll just keep concentrating on higher intensity stuff and working on the "power higher - lactate lower" scheme :-) Just keep working away on that all important aerobic conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment