Saturday 16 January 2010

Saturday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Once again plans are disrupted by the dreadful weather, high winds, cold, heavy rain. I'd originally planned to do a 4 hour road ride today but there was no way that was going to happen, so it was indoors again for me.

Good old VeloTron 3D comes to the rescue and I rode a 46 mile course at tempo pace, as the ride was going to be shorter than planned upping the intensity was the natural course of action.

The session went well and I rode against a previous performance on this course and came in 2 minutes quicker than my previous time, and over 5 minutes quicker than the time before that. This wasn't a reflection of my being fitter, but a reflection of the fact that I worked harder!

So, a good session, felt fine throughout and experimented by eating a fruit jelly sweet every 15 minutes which seemed to work well. Each sweet is about 50% sugar and 50% starch so quite a good combination for this sort of session and at no point did I feel I was running out of gas, a good session. Averaged 245W for the 2 hours and 9 minutes with a normalised power of 255W, good solid training.

To review this session: click here.

ATL: 67.3 CTL: 65.8 TSB: 6.4

[Uploaded 16/01/2010 18:51:17]

No comments:

Post a Comment