Sunday 2 May 2010

Sunday Training

Another good ride today, solo this time, and my oh my wasn't it cold and windy. It is definitely not supposed to be just 7 degrees centigrade at this time of year but I'm afraid it is.

This has been another good solid week of training with a continuing shift towards the establishment of my endurance ready for July. The current plan is to do one long ride at the weekend with the second ride of the weekend getting progressively longer in the run up to the "Tour du Nord" which will determine exactly how good or bad my endurance fitness is!

This week has seen my CTL pass the 90 mark and I want that to fall back a touch now to avoid getting overly fatigued, day off tomorrow I think so that will be a start. Have been pleased though with how I've responded to my day in day out regime, been feeling fine and haven't taken a day off since Monday so that's the kind of pre tour regime I need.

Nasty experience today caused by a lunatic overtaking a stream of cars approaching me from the opposite direction, he seemed completely oblivious to the fact that I was even on the road. I managed to avoid going off the road but this was a salutary reminder to ALWAYS keep your eye on the road ahead, if I'd had my head down in an aero position or been peering down at the chain rings or something I'd have been done for.

TSS total for this week has been 794 with 9740kJ of work done, a really solid week.

Ride Time: 02:03 hh:mm
Work Done: 1500kJ
Training Stress Score: 119
Intensity Factor: 0.761
Normalised Power: 232W
Variability Index: 1.15
Ride Distance: 37.27 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: 1955 feet
Maximum Power: 638W
Average Power: 203W
Average Heart Rate: 129bpm
Average Speed: 18.1mph
Acute Training Load: 120.5
Chronic Training Load: 90.3
Training Stress Balance: -31.1

No comments:

Post a Comment