Sunday 6 June 2010

Sunday Training

Easy ride planned for today but unfortunately no proper power data for the ride. At the 71 minute point the power readout on the Garmin 705 went blank and this is almost certainly going to be down to an exhausted battery set in the hub. I knew the batteries must be coming to the end of their time and had planned to change them before my departure for France but it looks as if they have beaten me to it. I have some spares at home so I'll install them and hopefully that will be the end of the problem.

Today was pretty grim really after the weather we have had recently, especially here on the East coast. The weather was windy, misty, and about 8-10 degrees colder than it has been of late, with some horrible drizzle thrown in for good measure.

Still, I rode steadily and came home with an average HR of a very comfortable 124bpm and an average speed of 17.2mph for the 50 miles which I was very happy with, particularly in the conditions. Not a flat route either with a total recorded ascent of 2562'. Given that my planned target average speed for the "Leading The Tour" ride is 15mph things are looking pretty encouraging but I'll not know until I've a few stages under my belt.

Currently trying to track down accurate .gpx files of the Tour de France stages with no real luck so far but in the end I can always draw them myself if need be but I hope it doesn't come to that. Bought my copies of the official programme today, it's all getting very real!

Ride Time: 02:54 hh:mm
Work Done: n/akJ
Training Stress Score: 120 (Est)
Intensity Factor: n/a
Normalised Power: n/aW
Variability Index: n/a
Ride Distance: 50.04 miles
Cumulative Tour Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: 2562 feet
Cumulative Tour Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: n/aW
Average Power: n/aW
Average Heart Rate: 124bpm
Average Speed: 17.2mph
Acute Training Load: 131.3
Chronic Training Load: 108.8
Training Stress Balance: -24.2

No comments:

Post a Comment