Thursday 6 January 2011

GPS Course Creator - RacerMate

It's funny how when you don't use the features of either software or equipment for a while you tend to forget either how handy they can be or even how to use them, at least I know I do.

I've been using the 3D software from RacerMate (CompuTrainer or VeloTron versions) quite a bit lately as I've changed  a few things about my training as a winter training experiment. When I was using the 3D software before I used to produce my own 3D courses from GPS data collected out on rides and to do this I used the GPS Course Creator package from RacerMate:


I'd "forgotten" that this little piece of software also allows you to analyse the profile and statistics of an existing 3D course (see menu above) and I thought this might be handy as a means of looking at some of my 3D courses before using them for my revised programme,  an example of the output is shown below:


Oddly the profile displayed in the image above is quite different to the actual profile as displayed by the 3D programme itself but hopefully the data itself is correct, at least when compared with other 3D courses. maybe if anyone from RacerMate picks up on this posting they might like to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment