Sunday 17 April 2011

Breeze Bikes Club Ride

Today's jaunt took us up to Belford again and the substantial group that left Alnwick fragmented very quickly and was down to around 6 riders after only about 13 miles. I'm not sure where the other riders went but it was a lovely day to be out cycling. I'd expected to be out for 3-4 hours today but in the end it was only about 2:17 which was a shame given the weather.

The pace was brisk and riding in a "ball" we covered the ground easily but interestingly our average speed was still slower than yesterday's "whistle ride" which was ridden at a much more even pace. Yesterday's ride was not as hilly but there were only 3 of use compared to today's six and I definitely found the ride easier as well as quicker. I guess yesterday's ride would have made today feel a bit harder but it all went pretty well.

Always a shame when the weekend comes to an end but such is life, it's been a nice weekend and I'm going to make a determined effort this week to get back into some more structured training.

Oh yes, I've been using a website called RideWithGPS for a little while now and I like it, I may well stick with it, until the next one comes along of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment