Something has to be done about this so I've devised a plan. Parking is free after 18:00 so when I go into town I'm going to arrive in town just after 17:00 and pay for just one hour of parking as the ticket will be valid until 08:00 the following morning. The shops are all still open late so that's not an issue and this arrangement will deliver the following benefits:
- Reduce cost of parking from £4:80 to £1:60, the money saved will pay for the petrol.
- The shops will be a whole lot quieter, I can get around quicker with less hassle.
- The morning will be completely free as I'll not be going shopping in the morning again.
- Most of the afternoon will be free too.
- I'll be home by about 19:30 so that will also leave plenty of the evening free as I'll be going into town using some time that I often waste.
So, the good thing about this is that say on a Saturday I could possibly go out and do a 100 mile ride, then go into town shopping if need be, and still have time for some couch time in the evening. Now that's what I call a win, win, win!