Friday 11 November 2011

The Koga Signature Touring Bike

After much thought and deliberation I have pretty much decided on the touring bike I intend to buy in due course. I'm going to go for the bike I was able to try when I met up with Andy who was on his travels homeward to Scotland, it was lovely.

I'm going for the GlobeTraveller with a Rohloff hub and hydraulic disc brakes. I'll need to get myself a small tent, a new sleeping bag (goose down) and a couple of other bits and I'll be off.

I think it will be pretty exciting, the plan is that for my initial short trips, say 5-6 days, in the UK Lorena will drive up to a pre-arranged meeting point half way so that we can stop in a hotel or B&B and catch up and then I'll continue on my way. This arrangement will break up the trips and will make the whole thing much more socially acceptable :-)

I think it's going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment