Friday 4 January 2013

Audio Diary Scheme

Decided this year to keep a personal diary as it seems a shame to just forget everything and have things just blur into one and it might be interesting to look back on in years to come. The plan is to keep a small notebook with me just to jot down the odd reminder, then at the end of the day make a short dictation (average 3 minutes) as an audio record of the day and keep the audio file.

At the end of the year I'll drop all the audio files into GarageBand and generate a single .mp3 of the whole lot. I reckon the file will be about 18 hours long in total, be amusing to listen to it in future years!

The other thing I can do with this scheme if I'm away on holiday or something is make very short sound recordings in certain situations and of other people which can be incorporated which are also great memory joggers.

In the end it's just a bit of fun, I might even scan the paper notes in a batch, store them as a .pdf and bin the originals :-)  The worrying thing is that it's only day four and already if I look at the notes from the previous days I'm already being reminded of things I'd forgotten!

The note-taking takes no time at all and the dictation just 5 minutes at the end of the day, it's got to be worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment