Monday 1 January 2007

New Year's Day training...

Hi

Well I had planned a long ride in the hills today but to be honest I was a bit tired from the 100+ miles in the previous 2 days and on top of that the gales here were actually quite dangerous, gusting to 60-70mph, that's my excuse anyway!

So, turbo it was. Decided to do one of the Cycling Plus forum BeaconRuth's highly recommended sessions which is 40 minutes @ 80% and that's just what I did. Didn't feel bad at all really, the first 10 minutes were the worst but I soon settled into it and than I felt fine. Started from a standing start and used the ergo mode to keep my HR at as close to 80% as I could, recorded what data I could for future reference and here it is:

40 Minutes
Target HR 80% of MHR = approximately 148BPM
HRAVE 147BPM
PWAVE 276W

Not really sure what the data means yet but it will do for future reference. As this was a session recommended by someone I respect I was just pleased that I was able to do it without feeling at all out of control or out of my depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment