Tuesday 24 April 2007

Tuesday Training

Hi

Another level 2 ride scheduled for this evening so that's up to an hour on the turbo with my heart rate between 75% and 85% of my MHR so working at about 150BPM, no picnic.

Anyway, managed the session Ok without ending up in dire straights and I think I now have a system worked out for doing these on the new CompuTrainer (CT). Start watch when first starting to turn the pedals so that the whole of the exercise is recorded and then warm up both myself and the turbo for 10 minutes. Then callibrate the unit to ensure that the power data is accurate. I've been using the spinscan functions during the warmup to try to improve my pedalling efficiency which is all very interesting.

After this I use the CT in manual ergo mode and start data recording, I raise my HR and power output over the first 2-3 minutes and then maintain my HR at the required level by varying the power output/resistance. My target is to be able to do these efforts for a full hour, last week I started at 40 minutes and I did tonights and my previous session for 45 minutes at 150BPM. I'm planning to increase the session length by 5 minutes every week if I'm able but no matter how long it takes I'll get there in the end.

Tonights data for the effort, including the period where I raise my HR up to the required level was as follows:

Session length - 1:05:00
Effort length - 0:45:00
Average effort HR - 150BPM
Average effort power - 250W
Average effort cadence - 90RPM

Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment