Tuesday, 21 August 2007

Tuesday Training


Of we go again with another of my favourites, the good old 2x20 session. Started well and the first effort was going really well on a gradient of 0.5 until quite close to the end of it when I noticed a rhythmic vibration from the rear end of the trainer which I decided to ignore until the end of the effort. When the time for the pause came I slowed right up and examined the rear tyre quickly, there was a definite bump/blister on it, sh**, the tyre is giving out, must be the heat or just a duff tyre, not had it on that long.

Decided to press on, got through the recovery period and relaunched. Realised quickly that the power readings were now wrong, too easy to pedal for the readings I was getting. Also noticed that the vibration from the back end had stopped, plus the tyre had started to slip. Only one thing for it, abandon the session and see what is going on. Yes, the tyre has now deflated. Not much to be done really apart from look at the data I have and order a couple of new tyres from Wiggle, hopefully will arrive on Thursday.

So, that was it. Damn shame as the first effort went well and I was feeling good. Looking at the power data for the first 20 minute effort it is as follows:

Peak 20min (279 watts):
Duration: 20:01
Work: 335 kJ
TSS: 34.4 (intensity factor 1.016)
Norm Power: 279
VI: 1
Distance: 7.369 mi
Elevation Gain: 637 ft
Elevation Loss: 0 ft
Grade: 1.6 % (637 ft)
Min Max Avg
Power: 223 320 279 watts
Heart rate: 140 168 160 bpm
Cadence: 90 96 93 rpm
Speed: 21.4 22.9 22.1 mph
Pace 2:37 2:48 2:43 min/mi
Altitude: -38 599 280 ft
Crank Torque: 202 284 253 lb-in

Assuming that the power readings were Ok for effort 1, and I think they are fine, that's more promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment