Sunday 31 August 2008

The Cumberland Challenge 2008

Hi

Today I should be taking part in the Cumberland Challenge and I should be starting at 08:00 BST (GMT +1) riding with at least 3 of my mates. I'm experimenting with a tracking system I've been rambling on about for a while and if you want to see how I am getting on today (almost in real time) scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will find a map with a red dot on it which depicts my current position, there should also be some text giving some information about my current speed, position, and direction of travel.

To see an overview of the event route click here, this should allow you to pinpoint where I am when viewed in conjunction with the map displaying my current position. The route is basically a large figure of eight and it starts and finishes in Brampton where the 2 loops meet in the middle. The route does the lower loop first in an anticlockwise direction and then the upper loop also in an anticlockwise direction.

So, that's the situation, will post the outcome later, I hope!

2 comments:

  1. wow, you're cracking a pace today, 10:53 at Midgeholme and almost done?

    Hope the weathers better with you today - its chucking it down here in't south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark

    No, the weather was no better, very wet ride but a good one all the same.

    Midgeholme is at 48 miles and is just the first loop of the figure of eight, we still had 57 miles to go at that point, it's a 105 mile route :-(

    Thanks for the interest, the tracking worked just great!

    Cheers,

    Q

    ReplyDelete