Wednesday 20 August 2008

Wednesday Training

Hi

Computrainer
With yesterday's session not going too well I decided to do a short L3 session today to keep the momentum going and beforehand also managed to complete my morning 5 mile walk before anyone else had stirred!

Currently finding riding in L3 very comfortable and my HR has definitely dropped in comparison to say 4-6 months ago. I must admit though that my progress in terms of my FTP over the months or even the last 12 months has been disappointingly small and I am seriously starting to consider whether I have actually reached my physiological potential and am now just facing age related decline!

My theory though is that if improvements can be made for say 5 years in theory if one hasn't been training optimally for at least 5 years then improvements should theoretically be possible if one trains consistently. As I fall into this category I'm going to keep pressing on and hoping for the best.

I reckon if a good solid 12 months of L3, L4, and L5 training coupled with good food and plenty of sleep doesn't deliver say a 15W increase in my FTP then I'm probably between a rock and a hard place. If this is the case I would have to do far too much work in terms of training to justify the small gains that might be made so I think in those circumstances I would be better accepting that there is no more to be found under the bonnet!

Time will reveal all :-)

[Uploaded 20/08/2008 18:15:19]

No comments:

Post a Comment