Friday 28 November 2008

Friday Training

Hi

CompuTrainer

Continuing with my steady but I hope solid work with another straightforward 2x20 session at L3. I'm continuing to carefully monitor my hydration levels and managed today to limit my weight (and therefore I hope fluid) deficit after the session to 200g which I was pleased about. I think I now have that one cracked, it's just a matter of knowing exactly what your body does under different circumstances and taking action to keep things as they should be.

It's a bit disappointing in a way to have taken so long to get this side of things properly sorted out, I'm afraid I'm just going to have to put it down to laziness :-(

Weather forecast for tomorrow is sunny but very cold, might be able to get out as long as there isn't too much ice about, just have to play it by ear and see how things look in the morning, the wind seems to have swung round through almost 180 degrees so that might pick the temperature up a bit, just have to wait and see.

Felt today as if I was starting to get the better of the new training zones a bit which is good, who knows how long that will last!

Cheers to all.

[Uploaded 28/11/2008 22:52:49]

2 comments:

  1. Why 2x20 for tempo work? I tend to do tempo for 1-2 hours as this is the kind of duration that most coaches and books tend to recommend?

    Also if you are doing 2x20 SST workouts are these L3 workouts at lower to middle of your tempo zone?

    All the best - keep pedalling,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark

    Why 2x20 for tempo work? I tend to do tempo for 1-2 hours as this is the kind of duration that most coaches and books tend to recommend?

    I do these instead of the L2 stuff that most people do, I just don't bother with that sort of session on the turbo and more.

    Also if you are doing 2x20 SST workouts are these L3 workouts at lower to middle of your tempo zone?

    My 2x20 L3 sessions are being done above the middle of my L3 zone, currently being done at 260W. I find this more beneficial in terms of my CTL and I'd rather rest than do L2 stuff on the trainer.

    I'm not saying I'm right, but it's working for me! I do my longer L3 rides on the road for 2+ hours generally with a NP of about 250W.

    Cheers,

    Q

    ReplyDelete