Sunday 22 February 2009

Sunday Training

Hi

Power-Tap

Quite a long hilly ride today taking in the climbs of Winter's Gibbet, Billsmoor, Netherton North Side and Lemmington Bank amongst others, we covered just under 74 miles on a chilly day with a strong NE wind which at times made progress challenging :-)

One of the party unfortunately had an unexpected but seriously bad day which I am sure will just be a temporary blip, may well just have been a nutrition problem starting with too little gas in the tank for one reason or another, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it and resolve it. Next weekend we have a long endurance test planned which will I am sure clarify matters.

The ride went generally well and I finished with a NP of about 245W, VI 1.33 and IF of 0.783, the TSS was 273. This ride has taken my CTL back above 80 and with some decent weather and good health I'll be looking to steadily build on that during March in particular.

Just over 10 weeks until my first significant event of the season so an increase in my CTL of about 2 points per week over the next 10 weeks would see me up at around 100 by then which would be more than adequate, though certainly not essential, life may get in the way!

Rest day scheduled in for tomorrow which will be nice, planning to do some work on the next episode of the VeloTraining podcast. Now there's something to look forward to!

[Uploaded 22/02/2009 22:26:09]

No comments:

Post a Comment