Thursday 9 April 2009

Thursday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Ok, here we go, time to find out what's really going on. I reckon you don't really know where you stand in terms of fitness when coming back from a problem period until you start trying to ride at threshold intensity, so that's what I've been doing today.

Nothing too drastic, just a couple of 15 minute efforts to start with but back at 300W where I left off with my L4 work. This is never comfortable but I was happy with how the session went. I held the load perfectly well and at no point did my HR get up into L5 territory so I was very happy with the outcome. HR somewhat higher in the 2nd effort than the first so I'll be looking for that to start coming down as I continue with the L4 work now that I have re-introduced both it and the SST work.

So, the plan is to move back up to the L4 2x20s in the next little while and to continue recovering my aerobic conditioning with my L3 and SST work. The Tour of Ireland should give me a nice CTL bump before doing some structured L5 work though I'm planning to mix in a little L5 before the ToI.

[Uploaded 09/04/2009 18:57:20]

No comments:

Post a Comment