Sunday 5 July 2009

Sunday Training

Hi

The calm after the storm. What to do today? I didn't fancy the TT up Alpe d'Huez as it seemed a bit pointless to start a TT with already tired legs and yet I didn't want to waste my day here as it was fine.

A couple of us decided to go for a ride and then a bit of a browse around the shops so that's what happened. Scott suggested that we tried another climb up to Les Deux Alps and away we went. The climb was not unduly steep but was certainly not a picnic and again it was hot.

Part way up the climb we joined 2 other cyclists and followed them up, one of them was Dave Lloyd who had also been riding La Marmotte yesterday. The climb was a bit like a less well known version of the climb to Alpe d'Huez, Les Deux Alps lies at 1650m and Alpe d'Huez at 1860m so this was still a very significant climb!

We arrived at Les Deux Alps with me resplendent in my Beano shirt which I take on my travels :-) A brief stop and we headed back down the mountain (lovely descent) to meet up with Chris. Following a quick change we headed into town for some lunch before going back up to Alpe d'Huez for a relaxing evening and a nice meal, another really good day.

Duration: 2:08:31 (2:19:25)
Work: 1304 kJ
TSS: 106.7 (intensity factor 0.726)
Norm Power: 227
VI: 1.27
Distance: 27.615 mi
Power: 0 480 179 watts
Heart Rate: 84 169 132 bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment