Tuesday 13 October 2009

Tuesday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Day two of this week's L6 block today. Added an extra effort to the first block which took it up to 3, so 3 30 second efforts followed by a five minute recovery, followed by the 10 30 second efforts block.

During the earlier part of this session I had mentally convinced myself that my chance of getting to the end was low. my legs felt tired and for a while I felt as if I was working my way through treacle. However, I pushed on and after about 25 minutes things started to feel a whole lot easier and I really started to look forward to the efforts starting. All a bit worrying really! ;-)

Anyway, the efforts came and went and I got through them certainly as well as I have ever done, particularly as I am now doing more than double the number of efforts I started off with 4 weeks ago. There is no doubt at all that I could have continued and done at least several more efforts but always better to quit whilst you are ahead and end on a positive note, rather than grind to a halt.

I'm not sure why the session went as well as it did but I'm not complaining. I guess I'm making some progress and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when testing time arrives. I'll be happy with a modest MAP gain and then I can start working again on my FTP to take advantage of the little bit of "headroom" I'm hoping I will have developed.

Easy day tomorrow and hopefully my increased sleep will be helping my recovery from these sessions, feels good so far, long may it continue.

ATL: 80.4 CTL: 85.6 TSB: +3.7

[Uploaded 14/10/2009 21:23:00]

No comments:

Post a Comment