Sunday 22 November 2009

Sunday Training

Hi

PowerTap

This was the first test ride using my new Garmin Edge 705 GPS unit which I have managed to get working very nicely with my PowerTap 2.4 SL after having upgraded the hub to ANT+

Had a bit of an issue as riding 2 laps of a circuit seemed to cause problems with the time and distance to go readings but I think that's to do with my using a downloaded .gpx file from GPSies. I plan to switch to a .tcx file download and try that and I suspect that this will solve the problem.

Generally very pleased with this development, it will be great to be navigating again without my bulky walking GPS on the bars and to have all the power, HR, cadence etc. data plus navigation all in one box on the bars will be just great, until the next thing I guess... ;-)

The ride generally went well and gave me a decent little CTL boost coming in with a TSS of 115. It still amazes me how you can be out for a bit under 2 hours a record a TSS of 115 and yet score a TSS of 87 indoors doing a 2x20@76-90% in 70 minutes on the VeloTron including a long warm-up and a 5 minute cool-down. I still maintain that indoor training is VERY efficient as long as it is balanced with some outdoor work such as today.

So, all tootling along quite nicely now, TSB finally coming down to a more sensible level as a result of this week's much more solid training effort which I feel better for. One more week to go and then my Winter training plan starts properly, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

ATL: 67 CTL: 71.5 TSB: 9.4

No comments:

Post a Comment