Friday 1 January 2010

Friday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Happy New Year!

Nice steady L3 session and to pass the time I thought I would do some experiments controlling my HR using cadence.

Up to a certain point HR can be reduced by reducing pedalling cadence, as long as you have got the leg strength to deal with the higher torque values required to maintain a fixed wattage whilst using the lower cadence.

By dropping my cadence below 80 I managed to have a significantly lower HR for my second effort with both efforts being performed at exactly the same wattage, in my tempo range.

Lower cadence cycling does have it's applications and this sort of training is certainly worthwhile but it does feel pretty strange when you are accustomed to higher leg speed.

To review this session: click here.

ATL: 58.5 CTL: 64.8 TSB: 6.9

[Uploaded 01/01/2010 18:07:53]

No comments:

Post a Comment