Friday 30 April 2010

Friday Training

No hard work planned for today so took the opportunity to keep up with my day in day out training by doing some steady level 3 work which went fine.

I did the work sections at about 245W which is a fairly critical sort of workload when it comes to long rides. I have to be able to sustain this kind of work intensity for hour after hour and I seem to be able to keep it going pretty nicely at the moment.

As a means of checking my current carbohydrate dependence at this sort of workload I measured my blood lactate at the end of the second work period and I was pleased to register a reading of 2.0mmol/l.

As the normal resting blood lactate level can be around 2.0mmol/l I am pleased to be recording this sort of value after a lengthy period of working at about 245W, this suggests to me that at this intensity my dependence on carbohydrates is pretty low which is good news and is good information upon which to base work intensity when on the tour ride.

This isn't an exact science but like all these things it's a useful guide. As far as I'm concerned anything that helps you manage your available energy resources when trying to ride for 3 weeks is a good thing!

Long ride scheduled for tomorrow, weather permitting.

Ride Time: 01:09 hh:mm
Work Done: 887kJ
Training Stress Score: 62.1
Intensity Factor: 0.73
Normalised Power: 223W
Variability Index: 1.05
Ride Distance: 25.59 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: 244W
Average Power: 211W
Average Heart Rate: 127bpm
Average Speed: 21.9mph
Acute Training Load: 92.4
Chronic Training Load: 83.3
Training Stress Balance: -12.4

No comments:

Post a Comment