Wednesday 21 April 2010

Wednesday Training

Not many people pass a sight like this on their way to work I'm sure. I've always loved the view of Warkworth Castle when the daffodils are in bloom.

The training schedule rolls on and it was back to the ErgVideos today using a video I've not tried before, the Trinidad and South Africa DVD.

I planned a session using the Trinidad section of the disc aiming for a TSS of just over 80 and away I went. The average power for the session looked reasonable but the VI was high and this proved in parts to be a pretty uncomfortable session, it was just extremely variable.

So this didn't end up as quite the session I had in mind but was a session I'm glad I've done as once again I am sure this was excellent road simulation and made the best of my available training time today.

It's still hard for me to get my head round doing very hard surges up to around 400W+ and that I'm actually pleased when it drops back to say 340W even though that's still pretty damned unpleasant, it's all just relative suffering in the end!

Looking forward to riding the second part of this ErgVideo, the South Africa section. Maybe the riders will be a little more structured in that as they seemed to be all over the place in the Trinidad section, they spent most of the time riding solo and apparently just trying to outdo each other on the climbs.

The bloke with the helmet camera seemed to get dropped and was left to struggle on for what seemed like ages, poor guy. Just like real life eh?!

Ride Time: 01:15 hh:mm
Ride Distance: 27.79 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Average Speed: 22.1 mph
Average Heart Rate: 129 bpm
Maximum Power: 524W
Average Power: 187W
Normalised Power: 248W
Intensity Factor: 0.812
Training Stress Score: 83.1
Acute Training Load: 91.8
Chronic Training Load: 80
Training Stress Balance: -12.9

No comments:

Post a Comment