Saturday 15 May 2010

Friday Training

Back out on the road again today for a lengthy solo tempo ride. Made the mistake of wearing shorts for the first time this year today as the sun was out to start with. Needless to say the sun soon went in, the wind got up, and in the end it was pretty chilly, I was glad I'd made the decision last year to keep my legs "au naturel" – definitely not going down the bald legs route again, just feels far too weird for me, I can take the ribbing!

Anyhow, the ride went well and I was happy with both my performance and the TSS generated. Always going to be hard to average 20mph on a course like this with a great big hill at the end and on a windy day but 19.1mph I'm happy with on this sort of course riding solo in today's weather conditions.

Legs feeling a bit tired this evening so I'm not sure how tomorrow's planned century ride will pan out but we shall see. Planning to try to ride tomorrow at around my scheduled Tour de France pace so the whole ride should be at endurance pace and I'd be very happy to complete the century at an average of 15-16mph, that's the objective for the ride.

Quite a few exciting developments off the bike in relation to my Tour Ride which I'm really hoping will come to fruition. I have to go down to London on Wednesday to see some people and I should know more after those discussions, exciting times for sure.

Ride Time: 02:26 hh:mm
Work Done: 2040kJ
Training Stress Score: 173
Intensity Factor: 0.842
Normalised Power: 257W
Variability Index: 1.11
Ride Distance: 46.61 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: 2287 feet
Maximum Power: 759W
Average Power: 232W
Average Heart Rate: 141bpm
Average Speed: 19.1mph
Acute Training Load: 92.9
Chronic Training Load: 87.9
Training Stress Balance: +2.9

No comments:

Post a Comment