Friday 14 May 2010

Friday Training

Back to the barren slopes of Mt Ventoux today as this is exactly the kind of training that I think will make all the difference to my experience on the Tour Ride. For the first time for a good while today my TSB was +ve and up to +3.9 and the difference this makes is just amazing. Yesterday's enforced rest day coupled with me allowing my TSB to recover a little made for a very comfortable experience on the giant of Provence today.

My average HR for the climb was a very comfortable 138 which is right at the upper margin of my L2 HR zone and significantly lower than the average for the same ride on Wednesday; my MHR was also significantly lower. So, looking encouraging, NP for the ride was 239W and I'm happy with that sort if wattage on climbs when I'm looking at making a number of long climbs in a single day, particularly when coupled with such a comfortable HR. No doubt things at times will not go according to plan but at least if I approach things with a plan I've got half a chance!

The plan for tomorrow is for a 2-3 hour tempo ride and then a long endurance ride, hopefully a century ride, on Sunday. If all goes to plan that should clock up a TSS of just over 700 for the week which would be fine as I should also have improved my TSB position at the same time.

Ride Time: 01:30 hh:mm
Work Done: 1239kJ
Training Stress Score: 92.1
Intensity Factor: 0.783
Normalised Power: 239W
Variability Index: 1.04
Ride Distance: 33.45miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: 416W
Average Power: 229W
Average Heart Rate: 138 bpm
Average Speed: 22.3 mph
Acute Training Load: 82.9
Chronic Training Load: 85.8
Training Stress Balance: +3.9

No comments:

Post a Comment