Friday 21 May 2010

Friday Training

Excellent tempo ride today. This was intended to be a lot steadier paced than it was but I found myself feeling pretty good, especially after yesterday so just kept pressing on and didn't seem to be running out of gas. I am more and more pleased with the approach I have taken to my training over the winter, I do not feel that I have disadvantaged myself in any way by training indoors, quite the reverse in fact. There is no way on earth I am going back to the old ways of long winter rides in the cold and the wet, this approach works far better for me.

I am not finding myself at all down on endurance through the approach I have taken and I am particularly pleased with having used March as my "transition month" from indoors to the road, I'll definitely do the same next year as it seems to have worked really well. This has meant that I've been able to build my road endurance steadily as the weather has improved and I've been starting this period of training from a position of not being tired of long cold winter rides, it's been great.

Having said that I felt a bit tired this afternoon when out for a walk in the tulips and I'm not sure how I am going to get on tomorrow as I have a hilly 70+ miles scheduled, I'll soon find out! Not planning on a hard ride tomorrow, just endurance building, weather looks promising so should be a nice outing. More later!

Ride Time: 02:23 hh:mm
Work Done: 1933kJ
Training Stress Score: 160
Intensity Factor: 0.819
Normalised Power: 250W
Variability Index: 1.11
Ride Distance: 46.61 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: 2121 feet
Maximum Power: 702W
Average Power: 224W
Average Heart Rate: 139bpm
Average Speed: 19.5mph
Acute Training Load: 106.7
Chronic Training Load: 92.6
Training Stress Balance: -9.1

No comments:

Post a Comment