Friday 21 May 2010

Tulips to Match the Maglia Rosa!

This was just an amazing sight and completely unexpected. I heard on the grapevine that entry to The Alnwick Garden (10 minutes walk from our house) was free to health service employees this week.

Passing the entrance when I returned from training this morning I saw a flash of pink which, not being in Italy, I knew was not the Maglia Rosa and decided to investigate later in the afternoon. Interesting point that, I will know for future reference that when The Giro is on the pink tulips will be out in The Alnwick Garden.

Lorena and I when we visited were greeted by what for me was one of the most amazing floral displays I have ever seen, this beautiful carpet of pink tulips, just a stunning sight which I could so easily have missed.
Well worth a visit whilst the weather is good, they are at their peak right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment