Thursday 20 May 2010

Thursday Training

Excellent training ride done today, a good solo session of 51 miles with an average speed of 19.5mph. For only the second time this year I was able to wear shorts and for the first time this year I wore a short sleeved cycling jersey, things are really looking up here! Couldn't believe it just before I set off when I saw that the temperature outside was above 19 degrees, almost unheard of!

After the exertions of the weekend my TSB on Monday was -30.6 so the time was definitely right to have a little recovery time. Monday was a scheduled rest day, no training opportunity on Tuesday, and then yesterday's London trip meant three days of no training and all in all it worked out very well. My TSB has bounced back quite nicely and today it is essentially neutral so certainly time to get back to my training today.

My plan is to do a good solid block of training from today to Sunday and then take stock before planning the few days in the early part of next week leading up to the following weekend's "Tour du Nord" which I'm looking forward to. I suppose it's too much to ask for good weather for that weekend but I'm going to ask anyway, can't do any harm!

So, back on track and all looking good, amazing how different things felt today after a few days of rest, felt smashing. Time to get the compression gear on, extremely pleased so far with it's effectiveness.

Ride Time: 02:36 hh:mm
Work Done: 2217kJ
Training Stress Score: 194
Intensity Factor: 0.863
Normalised Power: 263W
Variability Index: 1.11
Ride Distance: 51.00 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: 2415 feet
Maximum Power: 655W
Average Power: 236W
Average Heart Rate: 147bpm
Average Speed: 19.5mph
Acute Training Load: 100
Chronic Training Load: 90.9
Training Stress Balance: 0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment