Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tuesday Training

Back in the saddle today but you must see this, it made me laugh! Isn't it just great to see the local people in the North East taking the general election seriously. You would never think the future of the country was at stake! Did make me smile though :-)

Opted for a higher intensity session tonight and rode the criterium A2 ErgVideo which was certainly a challenge with the constant changes of pace. With a starting TSB of about -20 this was always going to be difficult, even at 90% of my FTP and so it proved to be. At one point I ground to a halt but managed to get going again and finish the session.

Generally coped with the pace surges well but it was one at well above 500W that stopped me, coming as it did after a long period of 400+W surges, in the end I was "dropped" :-) Good experience and I'm looking forward to a repeat performance when my TSB is a little higher and I'll see how I get on then, practice makes perfect!

In the end it's all about training your weaknesses and that's what these higher intensity sessions are all about for me, they will pay dividends out on the road I'm sure.

Ride Time: 01:07 hh:mm
Work Done: 958kJ
Training Stress Score: 94.7
Intensity Factor: 0.919
Normalised Power: 280W
Variability Index: 1.18
Ride Distance: 25.18 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: 544W
Average Power: 238W
Average Heart Rate: 142bpm
Average Speed: 22.5mph
Acute Training Load: 106.3
Chronic Training Load: 88.4
Training Stress Balance: -19.0

No comments:

Post a Comment