Tuesday 11 May 2010

Tuesday Training

Back to my .erg files today. Today's session was a bit different with 1x20@91-105% of FTP followed by 1x20@88-94% of FTP so a threshold/sweet spot session.

Sessions like these are never comfortable but all in all it went very well even though my legs are perpetually fatigued to one degree or another.

It's going to be important to keep up sessions at this kind of intensity between now and the start of my attempt to ride the route of the Tour de France, not to elevate my FTP but to maintain it.

The average power for the 91-105% effort was 296W and I was happy working at this intensity which resulted in an average heart rate for the effort of 158BPM which was fine. The session overall resulted in working in my threshold power zone (L4) for 31 minutes which is a good little block of threshold training.

Steady as she goes. Happy to accept a small drop in my CTL at this stage in return for a welcome TSB boost. I must avoid getting too fatigued at all costs as it could seriously compromise my training between now and my departure date.

Ride Time: 01:10 hh:mm
Work Done: 984kJ
Training Stress Score: 82.7
Intensity Factor: 0.842
Normalised Power: 257W
Variability Index: 1.1
Ride Distance: 25.8 miles
Cumulative Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: 319W
Average Power: 234W
Average Heart Rate: 146bpm
Average Speed: 22.1mph
Acute Training Load: 92
Chronic Training Load: 87.6
Training Stress Balance: -5.4

To review this session: click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment