Friday 25 June 2010

Friday Training

Another sweet spot session today so working at 88-94% of FTP for around 40 minutes, good solid training. Session went well and my HR average and peak HR were both a lot lower that when I did an identical session to this on Wednesday, it certainly felt a whole lot more comfortable for some reason. Interestingly my blood lactate reading at the end of the session was very similar to the last time so I still have some work to do before that starts to come down, plenty of miles coming up for that!

Been a great day in many ways and was particularly pleased with the introductory video that SKINS/1000Heads have produced for the forthcoming Tour de Velo ride, I think they have done a super job of it.

Fitted some new tyres to my second set of wheels today, these are the wheels I intend to use for the first part of the ride, certainly until I am past the pave sectors on stage 3 which is just one week tomorrow! The tyres I've fitted for the purpose are Michelin Krylion Carbons which I understand are used by some of the pro teams for training and for sections of pave.

These tyres I believe have 4 layers of protection and yet are not hugely heavier than the Michelin ProRace3's or Pro3 Grips which is really like. After the pave I'll be switching back to my trusty Zipp 404s for the remainder of the ride but will I hope have the first wheelset available as a spare, assuming they and I have survived the pave! These tyres certainly felt tough when I fitted them, quite a task!

Can't believe how lucky I have been securing the support of SKINS for this ride, getting the support of a company whose kit you really like is just the stuff of dreams for an old banger like me :-)

More video to post tomorrow, do call back!

Ride Time: 01:10 hh:mm
Work Done: 979kJ
Training Stress Score: 76.8
Intensity Factor: 0.811
Normalised Power: 247W
Variability Index: 1.08
Ride Distance: 25.9 miles
Maximum Power: 286W
Average Power: 228W
Average Heart Rate: 142bpm
Average Speed: 22.3mph
Acute Training Load: 58.7
Chronic Training Load: 87.6
Training Stress Balance: 31.4

No comments:

Post a Comment