Saturday 26 June 2010

Saturday Training

The last road ride for me today before my departure to the start of the Tour de Velo. Just had a very steady ride planned but unfortunately things were disrupted somewhat by a puncture caused by a huge pothole which I somehow failed to spot, I guess you can't be staring at the road all the time. I was in no rush and took my time fixing it, took a lot longer than usual because I had forgotten to swap the tubes in my saddle bag for longer valve stemmed ones after changing my wheels over so much fiddling was required. This is why my average speed for the ride is so low, well, that's my story ;-) Moving average speed for the ride was around 18mph.

Anyway, the ride went fine though I didn't enjoy the headwind much for the first half.  After arriving home it was time to pack the bike away into it's box and that is all now done. Lorena and I then set about the task of packing up all my other gear, what fun that always is isn't it, I just hate it! Thanks to Lorena that is also all now pretty much done so things are pretty much under control for the moment.

Great conversation this evening with a guy called Steve from Sports Tours International who I've discovered will be riding with me on the trip which is great. I believe whilst working for Sports Tours he is also trying to raise some money for the Royal British Legion but I'll learn more about this when we meet up in Rotterdam for blast off, IN THREE DAYS TIME!

Ride Time: 03:06 hh:mm
Work Done: 1841kJ
Training Stress Score: 146
Intensity Factor: 0.711
Normalised Power: 217W
Variability Index: 1.23
Ride Distance: 47.3 miles
Maximum Power: 662W
Average Power: 177W
Average Heart Rate: 128bpm
Average Speed: 15.2mph
Acute Training Load: 68.5
Chronic Training Load: 89
Training Stress Balance: 28.9

No comments:

Post a Comment