Thursday 10 June 2010

Thursday Training

Not quite sure what to make of this stuff but saw it in the shop and couldn't resist giving it a go, never was able to resist cycling orientated cosmetics, even if they are for your backside! Tried it out during today's VeloTron session and it seemed pretty comfy, will see how I get on with it on Saturday if I ride the Northern Rock Cyclone.

Speaking of The Cyclone I've pretty much decided to treat it as a training ride and not to go all out for a very fast time this year, just no point really and I don't want to risk problems so near to my departure for the "Leading The Tour" ride, that would just be silly. So, all things being equal Saturday will be my last century ride before stage 1 from Rotterdam to Bruxelles!

Yes, back on the VeloTron today and I've also decided to keep a very careful eye on my nutrition between now and departure as I think I have taken my eye off the ball on that a bit lately. Plenty of lean protein, carbohydrates, and fresh fruit and vegetables are going to be the orders of the day, even more so than usual.

Tonight's session went pretty well, just did 40 minutes (2x20) of upper L3 work at about 260W, still feeling harder than it was a while back and I'm sure my current CTL of 102.6 has a lot to do with that but I'm sure all will be well once I let that fall back a bit. Looks as if my TSB on Saturday will be about 12 which is fine but I'm not expecting to be at my best just yet so will just have to see how things go on the day.

Plenty of aerobic conditioning work, mainly indoors, coming up over the next couple of weeks and then a rest before blast off :-) Looking forward to the first video session next week, that's going to be exciting, or should I say nerve wracking? ;-)

Ride Time: 01:10 hh:mm
Work Done: 923kJ
Training Stress Score: 68.7
Intensity Factor: 0.767
Normalised Power: 234W
Variability Index: 1.06
Ride Distance: 25.9 miles
Cumulative Tour Distance: n/a miles
Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Cumulative Tour Elevation Gain: n/a feet
Maximum Power: 259W
Average Power: 220W
Average Heart Rate: 143bpm
Average Speed: 22.3mph
Acute Training Load: 98.7
Chronic Training Load: 102.6
Training Stress Balance: +0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment