Thursday 24 June 2010

Thursday Training

I just love these poppies. How does the poem go, "That there's some corner of a foreign field, that is for ever England"

Continuing to do some aerobic rebuilding work in the period before I depart for the big adventure, also repeated a blood lactate test today to see how things look at a slightly lower intensity than yesterday, working today at 76-90% of FTP.

I have to say that this session was very encouraging in terms of RPE, HR levels, and blood lactate results. I took the blood lactate reading as always immediately at the end of the session effort, the result was very pleasing. I recorded a blood lactate level of just 1.3mmol/l and that was immediately after working at around 260W. To put that into perspective below 2mmol/l is the sort of level generally seen in a resting blood lactate reading, some people might register this sitting on the couch!

This figure of 1.3mmol/l correlates extremely well with past readings at this absolute workload so I remain confident in my ability to use limited glycogen when exercising at intensities up to around 260W and this will be useful information to keep in mind during my travels around France :-) It looks as if my period of rest has done no harm at all and may well have done a great deal of good.

For all sorts of reasons today has been a really good day and I've also got a lot done. I was particularly thrilled to receive a supply of SKINS cycling gear for my forthcoming trip and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it performs, and how I perform in it, during The Tour. The gear really is superbly made and finished and I really hope I'm going to be able to do it justice!

Ride Time: 01:10 hh:mm
Work Done: 903kJ
Training Stress Score: 66
Intensity Factor: 0.752
Normalised Power: 229W
Variability Index: 1.07
Ride Distance: 25.9 miles
Maximum Power: 273W
Average Power: 215W
Average Heart Rate: 133bpm
Average Speed: 22.3mph
Acute Training Load: 56.5
Chronic Training Load: 87.9
Training Stress Balance: 33.1

No comments:

Post a Comment