Wednesday 20 April 2011

Technical Test - Cycling Video

Well I think I've now completed my trials and my efforts to produce decent cycling footage for upload and this is I think my final trial. The results are not perfect and they never will be when riding along on a bike at 20mph+ but I think they are as good as I'm going to get given my limited knowledge and my available technology and time.

Image quality is of course always degraded to some degree when posting online as one has to keep the file size reasonable, it's all just one huge compromise!

At some point the law of diminishing returns comes into play and there is more to life than to keep trying to improve something like this for very marginal gains, especially when I don't do it for a living and all I'm really doing is laying down some nice memories for the future.

Enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent quality footage Quentin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Nic, it's been a long and frustrating journey to get to this point, probably because of my lack of knowledge but I feel the quality is now "fit for purpose" and that's what matters, to me anyway!

    ReplyDelete