Sunday 18 December 2011

Panasonic HX-WA10 Trial

Readers of this blog will be aware that I recently experienced problems with this unit and had to arrange for a replacement unit to be provided. Having bought the unit from John Lewis.com there was no problem with this and having received the unit I was able to take it out this morning for a short trial.

The main purpose of the trial was to see whether the replacement unit exhibited the un-sharpness problem I previously identified with the original unit at the left-hand side of the image when recording in stills mode using the 16:9 image format setting.

I returned this morning to the stubble field that I used in my previous test and was able to take a photograph in similar lighting in a very similar position, a compressed version of the image is included below. I am delighted to say that though there is inevitably slight fall off in sharpness at the image edges the problem I previously identified is not present on this unit.

The outcome of this is that I will be able to take this unit alone on a forthcoming trip with the Tyneside Vagabonds Cycling Club and I hope to be able to capture some still and video images in widescreen format without the hassle of having to carry both stills and video cameras with all their associated chargers, recording cards, cases etc.

This story has a happy ending!


Here is the first trial video from the unit which incorporates some still images shot on this morning's walk, very happy with the quality, try viewing it in full screen mode (1080p).

No comments:

Post a Comment