Thursday 27 February 2014

WireCast for YouTube Trial

Hi,

I have no idea if this will be of any interest to anyone but I've been experimenting with some software called WireCast for YouTube which allows you to broadcast live on your YouTube channel rather than using the likes of UStream, it just seemed as if it would be a nice option to keep everything all in one place.

At the moment because of bandwidth restrictions I can only broadcast live at 360 resolution but I thought I would give it a try. I'd appreciate any feedback on this, I just want to see if I can make it work with still, video, audio and a webcam. I have scheduled a LIVE broadcast at 21:00 this evening, I'll aim to start on time. All you have to do is go to my YouTube channel at 21:00 GMT, I plan to show a bit of cycling footage from my DashWare experiments and just talk a bit, show a few pictures and make a LIVE webcam appearance.

Even if just a couple of people pop in and let me know if it actually works I'd appreciate it and any feedback would be great, I hope to improve the quality over time once I have a fibre optic Internet connection :-) See you at 21:00 if you can spare a moment, I plan to be live for less than 10 minutes.

Here is a link to my YouTube channel, as you will see, at the moment it shows that there is a scheduled event for 21:00.

Well, the broadcast went ahead and here is the recording, very compressed for streaming but it was just a system trial, apologies for the 20 seconds of music at the start!

No comments:

Post a Comment