Saturday 21 April 2007

Saturday Training

Hi

The plan today was for a medium length ride which was fine, the catch was that 2 hours was to be done at an intensity where I was working at 75%-85% of my maximum heart rate.

Anyway, I was pleased to be able to ride at this intensity for this duration and by the end of the 2 hour block my average HR was exactly 150BPM (80%) and my average cadence 91. The ride in total lasted 2:36 and we covered 47 miles at an average speed of 18mph, it was hard work, no doubt about that.

I reckon I could have continued at this pace for a little while longer but the pace was certainly starting to tell, I have absolutely no doubt that by forcing myself to ride regularly at this intensity I will make significant gains. I'm very pleased I did plenty of miles over the Winter to support this or I don't think I would be able to cope with it.

Long ride tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment