Thursday 17 May 2007

Thursday Training

Hi

Managed to get mixed up and realised this evening that I should have done the level 2 turbo session last night and not the high resistance session I did, that should have been tonight. Never mind, just swapped them over, HR on Wednesday and L2 tonight.

Before starting tonight's session I knew that I still felt tired which seems to be a permanent state of affairs, I have definitely still not recovered from Sunday and doing HR and level 2 rides on the turbo I can't see that happening any time soon! Anyway, knowing that my performance was likely to be well below what I've done before I decided to go for length and try to complete the full hour at 150BPM and to drop the power setting on the ergo as I went along to ensure that my HR in terms of efforts remained at the required level.

All went according to the above plan. Because I am still tired by the time I hit the target HR of about 150BPM (80%) my power output was a depressing 275W. As the time went by I dropped the power to keep my HR as steady as I could and by the time I reached the end of the hour I was producing just 225W at 150BPM. It is quite interesting to note that normally, when not this tired, I hit 250W at about the upper limit of my HR zone 2 which is about 138BPM. So, by the end of the session I was producing 25W less than this with a HR which was 12BPM higher.

So, session completed. On paper I did an hour of L2 on the turbo but my power output was substantially lower than I can generally produce at this heart rate, the idea of doing 2 hours of L2 on the road tomorrow I actually find quite dispiriting because I know that I will not be able to complete it and I know I won't enjoy trying. All my reading suggests that I should feel keen and ready to train but at present I'm starting to dread it a bit which is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment