Things gong pretty much as badly as they could have been going at this time of year now. Ongoing problems requiring antibiotics coupled with the viral illness which has been plaguing me with an ongoing sore throat, stuffed nose etc. etc. has all just left me done in.
On balance getting on the turbo would not be doing me any good at all at the moment so I'm just going to rest and let things take their course. As for La Marmotte, well I'm now 99% sure that it's going to have to wait for another year. I had really really hoped that things would pick up but they aren't, if anything they are deteriorating.
I'm currently finding the stairs a challenge my legs feel that weak and the idea of taking on La Marmotte is just a non-starter as things stand. Having had to bail out of a 60 minute L3 turbo ride the other day there is just no way at all I'd have a realistic chance of even getting round the course in 10 days time. So, a black situation, not much can be done about it, just be grateful that this has happened now instead of just before the 2010 Tour, hard to see it like that though...