Saturday 9 August 2008

Saturday Training

Hi

Power-Tap
Well the weather forecast was for rain at about 13:00 so with this in mind I made a nice early start, needless to say the forecast was wrong and the wind got up and the rain started to fall at about 09:30, 3-4 hours early. Still, it is mid August, I guess we can expect to be riding in windy, cold, grey weather with heavy rain falling. Just checked the BBC weather website again and it's telling me the temperature here in Alnwick is about 17 degrees centigrade. Now that's fine, the problem is my external thermometer, which is accurate, says it's below 13 degrees and it was just above 11 degrees when I set off this morning, it's just pathetic.

So a cold wet and windy ride and I cut short my planned route but did take in a climb of Billsmoor before returning home having covered 60+ miles. I also managed to forget to take my energy bar with me and I was short of carbs so I ended up cold, wet, and very hungry!

Never mind, it's done and it delivered a TSS of 243 which is fine for build week 1 after an adaptation week, might try to get out on the road tomorrow for a couple of hours but once again the forecast is for heavy rain, as it is for the next 5 days :-(
[Uploaded 09/08/2008 12:27:13]

Today's route below:


View Larger Map


Today's profile below:


No comments:

Post a Comment