Thursday 13 November 2008

Thursday Training

Hi

Computrainer

Back to the L4 work which with my altered training zones was always going to be challenging. Managed Ok but cut the efforts shorter than normal as it's going to take me a little while to get used to the increased loads for these sessions and I don't need to go at it like a bull at a gate and risk setting myself back.

I think what I might do next time is set the .erg file to do a standard L4 20 minute effort followed by a 10 minute effort and then have the last 10 minutes of the 2nd effort tapering down to my previous L4 level at the finish, a sort of transition phase, rather than whacking it up to the new L4 for the full 2x20 straight away.

So, all in all it was Ok, no major problems, it's never a whole load of fun being taken once again out of the comfort of the old zones but I'd much rather this than finding that after my test I was having to drop things back as a result of a fall in FTP.

Keep plugging away...

No comments:

Post a Comment