Thursday 22 January 2009

Thursday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Another Sweet Spot session scheduled for today which went pretty well, did the 2x20 efforts at 275W which is pretty much standard for these sessions for me now.

Looked back at a identical SST session I did at the beginning of the year and my average HR for the entire session was within one beat of today's session, I'm consistent if nothing else! At one time I would have seen this as a sign of not making progress but I now know that this is not the case. The only data that is REALLY worth comparing is the data generated from testing and other changes by and large simply reflect daily variations.

The other thing I keep reminding myself of is that a change in HR is nothing more than that and gives no information about stroke volume or the myriad of other adaptations which take place as a result of training.

Anyway, another one in the bank :-)

[Uploaded 22/01/2009 21:43:56]

No comments:

Post a Comment