Wednesday 21 January 2009

Wednesday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Another solid L3 session doing 2x25 @ 255W. HR still a touch higher than it used to be for this session but nothing to be alarmed about and almost certainly within acceptable daily variation, certainly not entering L4 territory.

Been doing some reading of some very interesting scientific papers on higher intensity training regimes in the hope that I'll be able to harness the knowledge gained and use it to my benefit over the forthcoming months.

A key point which seems to come out, and which I had been suspecting, is that once an individual has reached a VO2 Max of > 60 ml/kg/min endurance performance is not significantly improved by a further increase in submaximal training volume.

I wrote on 08.01.2009 following my MAP test "...predicted VO2 Max figure based on this result is 65.5ml/kg/min" - Based on this, though I will repeat the test shortly, I'm going to have to rethink things soon if I am to continue to make progress.

I believe Florence Nightingale said something along the lines of "In order to move backwards all we have to do is to stand still".

[Uploaded 21/01/2009 22:50:31]

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Interesting piece of info on VO2max values over 60 ml/kg/min and endurance performance plateauing.

    I drop you an email a couple weeks ago about calculating V02max from a MAP test. Not sure if you had a chance to respond, would appreciate any help on this you could provide.

    Thanks,
    Rick
    jrbarrosa at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rick

    After asking you to email me, which you did, I replied on 09.01.2009, I just checked. Checked your spam box, maybe filtered out?

    Cheers,

    Q

    ReplyDelete