Sunday 28 June 2009

Sunday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Continuing with my aerobic maintenance work and throwing in a harder L5 effort at the end of the session to remind my physiology that it is still going to have to be ready to do that kind of work, I don't want it having any nasty surprises ;-)

The session went well considering I am far from fresh at the moment, no complaints at all. Tomorrow will just be a very light L2 session as I continue with my weight management routine which is now well established.

I was reading a while back how the Columbia High Road people manipulate their riders' diets and I have been trying to use those principles and it certainly seems to be delivering the goods so far. It will be interesting to see how I fare in La Marmotte on this plan but I'm optimistic, but then I always am, even when things go badly!

Under a week to go now before La Marmotte and I'm looking forward to it. I have no great expectations and want to enjoy the day without overdoing things and finding afterwards that the whole thing was just a blur and a torture session. I always keep in my mind what I am training for, to try to ride the route of the Tour de France in 2010. These are milestones along the way and I want to enjoy the journey, I'm trying to lay down memories to enjoy in my old age.

[Uploaded 28/06/2009 18:53:23]

No comments:

Post a Comment