Saturday 18 July 2009

Saturday Training

Hi

VeloTron

Ouch! As part of my plan to continue to try to elevate my threshold power as well as lose weight in my 4.0W/kg @ threshold quest I'm reintroducing a session where I ride just above my last tested threshold for an extended (30+ mins) period.

For me at present the wattage I need to ride at is about 315W so I set up a .erg file and got going. For this session (first of these for a while) I had decided to ride for 30 minutes and then stop and that's what I did and it was far from comfortable.

I'm hoping that a combination of doing this session and my 4x10 @ 320W session regularly will further improve my FTP, time will tell but I'm going to give it a chance over the next few months and see where I get to.

This session did however give my my best 30 minute power at 315W for a very long time, it sure was uncomfortable though! NP for the 40 minute session which included my warmup was 299W.


[Uploaded 19/07/2009 21:06:42]

No comments:

Post a Comment